Monday, October 13, 2014

Rainy week. Finally!

September 22,2014

Hello!
I will just tell now that my thoughts will be scattered today...

I forgot to tell you all that Sister Goss told me some wonderful news from Boa Vista. You remember Nilton and Indira? Well they are getting married and then baptized!!! YES! I am so happy for them and I know that Sister Goss and Sister Yeater kept taking good care of them after I was transferred. I will forward pictures when I get them from Sister Goss. Thanks again for all the prayers that were offered in their behalf, they paid off!

I also forgot to ask, is Brandon getting married before or after I get home? I hope I will be there! Oh and I am just dreaming about Thanksgiving!

This week has been rainy and stormy and I love it. I am all for anything that is a break from the hot African sun! But since we are so high in the mountains the clouds are really low and when it rains sometimes it is so white it looks like a snow storm. And yes I still love my tiny grandma sweater!

Our week was a little cuh-chunked as sister Coelho said. And its true. Our ward is going through some trials right now so that has been a learning experience for the both of us. We were immensely blessed this week to have the opportunity to teach 3 (THREE) families. It is honestly a pleasure to teach families the gospel. The gospel really does bless families! They are essential to God´s plan for us, and Cabo Verde really does need more strong families. And speaking of that we are helping this couple Adi and Neia with their 5 children prepare to go and be sealed in the temple. We just love that family so much! Also our investigator Da is progressing well towards baptism. He has date marked for this Saturday but we are just going to follow the Spirit to know if it is better that he be baptized in a couple weeks. He is an awesome guy but we just really want him to be solid and really be showing fruits of repentance so that he will not fall quickly and become inactive. I will keep everyone updated!

One last piece of news. I bought a couscouseira? ... A type of pan to make cuz cuz! Well I made some today and it turned out GREAT! We sisters made it disappear in about 5 minutes. And then you know what I did? I made another one just because it was TOO good. I am bringing that puppy home and am going to make cuz cuz for the rest of my days on the earth! haha I hope you guys like it. :)

Well that was super scattered to say the least. BUT I hope everyone are having a good week and are also taking advantage and learning from the unique trials that everyone is enfronting. I know God loves each one of his children and like Elder Eyring said he has devised a plan to try and save everyone of them so they can return to his presence. I am so grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ and for my wonderful family and friends who are helping me along this path. I love you!

-Sister Turner

p.s. A flower that I am pretty sure is a type of lily! It is interesting huh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment