Monday, October 13, 2014

The first of the lasts...

September 29, 2014

Hello everyone!

I will try to not get too trunky but the fact of the matter is that today is the first p-day of my last transfer. You will receive probably 5 more emails, and then you will receive ME! haha!

I hope we get rain like you all got! These days have also been in the 90´s and now I will wait to follow the pattern that happened there!

Not a lot today but we ... HAD A BAPTISM in Assomada!!! Yesssss! Da (the one with the tie) was a reference of his cousin Danilson (the one without the tie). We have been teaching him most of the transfer and he has been taking a lot of steps to live the gospel and keep the commandments. This week he took the step of baptism by immersion and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost. He really is a great guy that has tons of desire to keep the commandments and follow the Lord. Now he just needs to continue on the path! He is off to a good start and has been participating a ton in church. He loves that in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints everyone can contribute and learn together. Not just a pastor preaching like it was in his previous experiences. We have a lot of hope for him that he will be a good priesthood holder for our ward. Please pray for him!
The rest of the week was pretty trial packed to say the least. Sister Coelho and I are really just trying to work and learn from these challenges and experiences we are having!

Today we downloaded and listened to the general woman´s conference from Saturday. I loved it! All the talk of temple preparation and covenants gets me excited to go to the temple with you guys in 6 weeks! I have to say too that I loved President Uchtdorf´s message especially. I highly recommend it for any woman who missed it! Also the messages got me even more excited for general conference this week. I LOVE the fact that we have inspired leaders who´s messages can help us receive personal revelation. I think this is one of the biggest blessings of the restored gospel and it often goes uncounted. I have been praying so much these past weeks not just for myself but for guys too that you also will have a powerful spiritual experience this weekend. I know this is the only true and living church on the earth. Like Tim-Tim always says - ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you. When we earnestly seek the Lord and his counsel we will be guided by the Holy Ghost. I know this is true. 

Much love and prayers!

-Sister Turner

p.s. this banana is about the size of a index card. So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment