Thursday, July 10, 2014

TRANSFER 10!!!!

Happy 4th of July!! Sounds like you all had a fun weekend with the family camping, and spending time together! The pictures look like it was a great time. :) We had a very american lunch of cheeseburger, fries, jello, grapes and homemade doughnuts yum! Hahaha and so many sisters think I am really patriotic/american (because I am) and I dressed to show it too!

This is real life- I am staying here with sister goss in Boa Vista for my 10th transfer. But then after this I have 2 transfers in the cabo verde... weeeiirrd. I am was so relieved to stay here and keep working in this area. I really do love it here. This week was interesting because pretty much the whole island was partying. They had their summer celebration and also cabo verde´s independence day in the same week. Haha and the cabo veridanos LOVE their music! A lot. Like several nights this week had music going allllll night long. Haha it was great. Two things- ear plugs and a fan.
Sister Goss brought her copy of Jesus the Christ to Boa Vista and I snatched it up real quick! I am going to read it before I come home and am loving studying it again. Back in Praia in a members house I ran across the book ´house of the Lord´ also by James E. Talmage. I fell in love after reading about one paragraph of him talking about the architecture of the salt lake temple. Think, two of my favorite things- the temple and architecture! It was sweet! I really want to read that one too ... maybe during Christmas? :)

So the weekend had some of the highlights of the week for sure. For a little while now we have been reviewing fasting and testimonies with the members and recent converts. On Saturday after our normal weekly activity we started a fast all together. The purpose of our fast was to have our testimonies strengthened and to help the missionary work in our branch- to know of the people who need the gospel. The fast went so well! On Sunday we had one of the most spiritual testimonies I have attended in a long time. The majority of the members bore simple yet very sincere testimonies. And it was especially awesome to hear Tchinha and Ima bear their testimonies too, they are both so great! Haha Ima bore his testimony in creole which is always a challenge to understand! After church at like 6 we had a break the fast all together and it was just the perfect ending to the branch fast. Everybody brought something to share, there was plenty of tasty food, everybody was happy and helped cleaned up! I am so grateful for how united this little branch is, we just have to keep working to keep it that way. :)
I made homemade cinnamon rolls in the
 bunt pan, Yuuumm!
I love this work. I love it´s trials, it´s triumphs, all of it. I am immensely grateful to be here right now. I love you guys so much and thank you, thank you, thank you for all your support and love! Have a great week!

com amor,
Sister Turner

My hair has grown so much since
 January! & it's so healthy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment