Monday, June 30, 2014

It is Monday again! What a week!

Hello! How is everyone doing today?? It was good to get you emails and we are both wearing blue skirts today! We love you little cooper! And congrats Kade! Sissy loves you and I can´t hardly wait to meet Kayan!

This week there was a death on Boa Vista. Bum, bum, buuumm. Sister Turley is dead now and we sure do miss her! But before she got back to America, last week we had a great p-day eating ´lagosta´ and getting real "cabo verdian", doing a fresh aloe vera hair treatment. Sorry no pictures of that, it was pretty messy. But really it was such a blessing to serve with Sister Turley. She was a wonderful companion and we had so many laughs as we worked through being the first sisters to white wash Boa Vista. It definetly wasn´t easy but we learned and grew so much and received innumerable blessings from the Lord. Jaime if you read this cause you are creeping on my blog, thanks again for everything! God bless America!

 And now this is exciting because we begin a new chapter in Boa Vista, my new comp is Sister Goss! She is from Alpine, Utah and is a great sister who is in her third transfer. I definetly teased her when she got here- I told her the number of transfers she has in the mission, is the number that I have left! oops, it is true!! But we are already having a good time together and realized we crossed paths before. Sister Goss is my old roommate Maddie´s sister´s best friend..!?! I hope that made sense. Either way we were both there when Maddie opened her mission call, small world! **note from Mom (There is a picture of Michelle and Maddie in the Mtc together in 2nd post" First week in the mtc", in May 2013)!

Today I showed her around all the tourist shops and we were being silly with all the fake Ray Bans they try and sell us. I just have to tell them one hundred times that we live here and are not tourists and to give us a small, small price!

Speaking of starting a new chapter in Boa Vista... this week was pretty rough with some of our investigators. Two of our most progressing investigators fell hard, breaking the commandments. It is so hard to see because you are working so much trying to help them, and you know the potential they have and they choose to use their agency otherwise. But this week at district meeting we gave a training about two Christ-like attributes: hope and patience. And as it says in preach my gospel these are two attributes that are related to one another. We must have hope that something will happen and believe that the Lord will keep his promises. And we must be patient and not become frustrated, angry, or discouraged while we wait for those blessings. Even when we are going through hard times I know the Lord is mindful of us and is giving us the opportunity to rely on him and develop these eternal attributes. That kind of made the week sound bad... it had good parts too I promise!
Well until next week which I am sure will feel like tomorrow! I love you and hope everyone has a blessing filled week!

-Sister Turner

**Note from Mom: 
These two pictures had no description but I am guessing it is the free Live Lobster that was given to her by a member that she had asked me how to cook.
                        Looks like it turned out pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment