Monday, July 28, 2014

The gospel is true!

Boa Tarde! This week, well actually just today, my head is not very organized to write so sorry if this email is all over the place! 

So, the mango and coconut rice..., haha mom! I finally made it. yum. Thanks!


Jessica is an investigator of the elders that got baptized this week, she is a sweetie and  has made a ton of changes in her life and is so much happier now!


Mom I absolutely agree how we can´t just know it is true (the gospel), we have to act on it! I believe there was a talk where they said ... The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of action! ... Well even if that is misquoted, it is still true!


Well actually we had a really good week, I think the best we have had in a little while. The Lord has led us to some rocking new investigators who are showing a lot of potential. There is this couple Indira and Nilton who I am just so excited about teaching. I wrote about Indira 2 weeks ago and since then we have started teaching her boyfriend. She told us he was very anti-church. Not just the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but any church he did not want anything to hear or do with it. And what I will tell you next shows that the Lord truly is preparing the hearts of his children. 1. Nilton actually accepted to talk to us. 2. He was really receptive to the lesson on the Restoration and said he would start reading the Book of Mormon. 3. This is the good part- we returned to teach him about the plan of salvation and he had actually studied it in the Book of Mormon! And we found out that he read in Indira´s triple combination and understood a ton about Adam and Eve! Well we used the Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants to teach him all about God´s plan. We asked him what he thought about it and (this was a first getting this response) he said "este plano é louco! eu nao sabia!" haha which means "this plan is crazy! I didn't know!" Haha I was a little taken off guard. We asked him how he felt and he struggled to explain but we told him that was the Holy Ghost testifying! It was a seriously sweet lesson. And the cherry on top that shows that the Holy Ghost truly was testifying, was that this man that before did not want anything to do with church accepted a baptismal date in September. I am sorry but I can not lie, we did not do that. We do not have the ability to persuade people to change. We teach them doctrine, we bear testimony of what we know as truth and the Spirit touches their heart and teaches them that what we are sharing really is true. And then you remember how I love maraschino cherries? Well the SECOND cherry on top was that Nilton and Indira both attended our activity on Saturday and church on Sunday! And they loved it. So mostly I am just grateful to be here and see the power of the Holy Ghost. :) I know this is the true church of Jesus Christ.

I love you all. Have a great week and thank you for all your support!

-Sister Turner
I am almost positive that this flower is a type of hibiscus!   :)   Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment