Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Almost conference!

Hello!

So things are going great here in Assomada! We went to zone conference in Praia and almost all the sisters from my MTC districts were there so it was fun to see them! We had great training's about using inspired questions and about teaching the apostasy more clearly so our investigators can understand a need for the Restoration. When we get the opportunity to hear from President Oliveira I am always so grateful to hear the revelation he receives for the mission and I am reminded that he really is called by President Monson to guide our mission.

So I have been liking Assomada more and more now that I am getting to know the members and our investigators better. We have great investigators and a lot of families we started teaching recently. Eurides and Alino are a couple that have 3 kids and they have accepted a date to get married and baptized so we are helping them get there paper work started so they can get married! Also Yuri is the man in that picture we are teaching him right now. Haha so he looks really intimidating but he really is awesome, and super humble and will hopefully be baptized this week. Please pray for him!

Also the weather improved this past week. It was not nearly as rainy (which made me happy to see the sun again) and in the morning it is super nice weather for when we go running sometimes. We usually will run to the soccer field on the other side of town where sister Wilson, who is more ambitious than me,
can run more laps and I can sit on the turf field and ... stretch :)

So I read a talk recently from last conference (I think it is called The blessings of the Sacrament). He explains in the talk about how we can get more out of taking the Sacrament every week and how it can be a more spiritual experience. These past two weeks I have been trying to apply the things that he taught and I have been having wonderful experiences. It really is such a blessing that we have the opportunity to remember our Savior every week and renew our baptismal covenants. When I have really spent that few minutes to think about my Savior and remember His sacrifice I have been so edified by the Spirit. I would highly reccommend reading that talk it was really good.

Yesterday we watched the Relief Society Broadcast with the women of the ward and it was so good! I mean it was translated into portuguese but even with the translators Brazilian accents I still could understand it. They just talk SO fast so it was hard to take notes. At the end in the last song I saw my friend Sarah Chestnut in the choir who is in the MTC right now! Haha I yelled ´minha amiga! minha amiga esta la na camisa verde!!´ Haha the ladies in the ward were laughing at me because I was so excited! Next week is general conference and I am soooo excited!! We are going to get to watch it in english!!! :) :) :) I am definitely going to miss all your good food mom but I think we are going to try to make some treats. I hope everyone enjoys conference and being so close to the conference center and the Prophet!

I love this work. I love our Savior Jesus Christ. And I love you guys at home and all the support and prayers.

Love,
Sister Turner
Me, Sister Wilson &Yuri
Zone conference in Praia

No comments:

Post a Comment