Monday, August 18, 2014

TRANSFER 11

** PBA (public blog announcement)**
** Sister Turner (me) is in her 11th transfer. **
WHAT THE?!?! Who knows how that even happened. I will have one more transfer and then that is it ... Before I get to our week and everything, the big news is:
Both Sister Goss and I are going to be trainers this transfer! Sister Goss is staying here in Boa Vista to train a sister coming from the provo MTC. That sister is so lucky she is going to love Boa Vista and Sis. Goss! This has been one of my favorite areas of my mission and I am going to miss it and the people terribly. Oh yeah did I mention that I am getting transferred too? BACK TO ASSOMADA! Hahaha yep this will be Assomada round 2 for me! I was there at this time (rainy season) last year for just a couple weeks though. My companion is going to be a sister from Portugal and I am excited to be training my last two transfers! Sister Goss and I are both flying to Praia on Wednesday to have a trainer´s meeting and then pick up our greenies. These days I heard it has been raining non stop in Assomada... so pretty soon I will be a very soggy sister. But I will be a happy because 1). Assomada is a sweet area and 2). training again will be great and I am positive I will learn a lot and 3). they have tons of avocados! yum.

That is great that Brandon is engaged, tell him that I said congratulations! And Amanda is getting home so soon too! And speaking of marriage Sister Turley is getting married this week! Yay we are so excited for her and Daniel!

Thank you for the prayers! We have been lucky to have very little rain in Boa Vista this week so things are doing okay. Funny story: so Sister Goss has been waiting for rain her whole mission. We walk out of district meeting on Saturday morning and it had rained. She just stood on the wet ground and said ´What a joke!´ Teheehee I just laughed, but she was actually upset! Haha!

I hit my 15 month mark and sister made m&m oatmeal pancakes that were to die for. I will be seeing you guys in just 3 months! I love you!

Sounds like you had a lot busier of a week than us! I hope things get better at work, I will pray. We spent most of our week in Sal for zone conference. It is hard to be away from your area and all the people but it was a good visit to Sal. We got to do divisions with Sister Zimbleman and she is a great sister! She is only in her 1st transfer and doing so well. She is a friend of Gare´s brother Brendan so that was a fun connection. Speaking of Zone conference and that activity ... the power was out in the church building. Unfortunately they couldn´t use the TV to show the slide show. Thank you for sending those though! Even more unfortunate was that the AC also didn´t work obviously. I fanned myself literally the entire meeting, SO HOT!!!! It is okay we survived and did have a really going conference. Some of my favorite things that we talked about was 1). teaching clearly and simple the steps of repentance and that it is a life long process. 2). Helping our investigators and members be more independent. Not independent from the Lord but in the sense that they don´t need us as much pushing them to do all the things they need to. But to just help them use their agency more wisely and out of their own desire. I didn´t say that very well sorry. The translation from portuguese to english is still a struggle sometimes. I think you get what I mean though.

My last weekend here was good. On Saturday we had a branch BBQ that was lots of fun and a lot of people came out to it. On Sunday our recent convert Tchinha gave his talk and he did really well! It was so sweet to see how much he has progressed in these couple of months. Oh man I am going to miss Boa Vista. I love the branch here, the members, President Andrade and Jackie, they are all so awesome and have been a huge blessing to me. At times it is hard to say goodbye but I will always keep these people in my heart. I will not forget the miracles I witnessed here. And I know that Heavenly Father will continue to take care of them.
Love,
Sister Turner
us in Sal
BBQ
Myself with Nilton and Indira
us with President Andrade & Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment