Monday, December 16, 2013

First week in Mount Vermelho!

Ola!!
9 days till Christmas!! Which means that this week we had our Christmas party with all the missionaries on the island of Santiago. It was soooo great, I loved it! We got listen to President Monson's talk, and had an amazing devotional from President Oliveira where he talked about giving gifts of eternal value. The Spirit was so strong also when we sang. As districts we went out and caroled in Praia and brought a little Christmas joy to some people here. It was a little strange to carol with no snow but it was a cool experience! We also had a delicious lunch (haha but sister Barros said that my turkey was better ;). And I got to see so many of the sisters that I love that are serving in other areas and visit with them for a little bit so it was awesome!
And just to top everything off my package was under the little Christmas tree at the party!! Thank you sooooo much!!! I loved everything in it! I'm glad I didn't wait to open it because then we got to decorate our apartment with the stuff you sent. :) Those papers were so cute I just had to take of picture while making the chain.
 We are also really enjoying the treats and I am enjoying the clothes! And thank you so much Grandma and Grandpa for the gift too! Haha I didn't wait to open it either. :) But good news we get to talk on Christmas! I don't know what time yet but I am so excited!! I hope everyone will be able to be there and Grandma and Grandpa too! 

So we started working this week in our new area and it is almost too good to be true! We are loving it here. There are great leaders, great members who are so willing to help, and we have some great investigators too. We are just blessed to be here. Mostly this week we worked on getting to know the area, the members, and the people who were being taught before since this area was whitewashed and we don't know anyone. It has been good and we have received a ton of help from the members. Sister Valenzuela and I have a good time working together and I am really looking forward to the rest of this transfer!

I always have so much I want to tell you guys and the time to write just flies. But for now I have to leave you with a photo of dog we call shaggy who lives on our street. He has a lot of bald spots. The look on his face always makes us smile.
Ta bom. I love you all! I hope everyone has a great week and stays warm there in the cold! We are still sweating like crazy. Mostly Sister Valenzuela's upper lip. Hahaha! Okay she doesn't want me to send that... too late :)

Feliz Natal!  -com amor,
Sister Turner

p.s. we hit our 7 month mark! yay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment