Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Another great week here in Monte Vermelho!

Boa Tarde,
This week was so good! It went by so fast, actually this whole transfer has gone by fast.

I hope everyone is doing well back home! Dad a letter is in the mail for you, I hope it gets there before your birthday ...Today I have a feeling this is going to be a little bit of a random email.

First things first- JUVENIA got baptized!! She is so great! Her sister Danizia has been a member for a lot of years and helped her sister a lot to get baptized. She was being taught by the sisters before us & we continued teaching her the first week we got her. She had TONS of doubts, but she would pray and read and is so smart and she gained a simple testimony of the church and was baptized yesterday. She works everyday except Sunday (we taught her everyday this week during her lunch break) so she couldn't be baptized on Saturday in the stake center in Praia. Well yesterday they had already emptied the font so she had to get baptized in the ocean! Haha we were pumped but she wasn't cause she is a little afraid of the water. Calu the ward mission leader (who is AMAZING) baptized her at Prainha. It all went and was super pretty there!



Also one of my trainers Sister Graca finished her mission this week. She had to come to Praia to have her final interview and so I got to see her for a minute!

GREAT news. We found a CHINESE restaurant! YES. Chinese. There is pretty much no diversity in food here. Probably due to a lack of diversity in the population... Anyway there are actually a lot of Chinese people here who have stores that sell cheap cheap cheap stuff from china. SOO apparently some of them got together and decided to open a restaurant so their Chinese friends could have somewhere to eat. I don't know the exact history, I just know they sell dumplings for only 15 escudos :)


After like 2 weeks we taught our investigator Yolando again. Last time we left Mosiah 18 for him to read because he was like mais or menos about baptism. The lesson was a miracle, he was so happy and you could just see in his face he had felt something when he read. He even talked to his girlfriend about it! I know it was by the power of the Book of Mormon that he decided he wants to be baptized. Him and his girlfriend just need to get married and he accepted baptism for the 29th of March! The people here are so prepared. It just blows my mind.

One last thing! Stake conference is in a couple weeks, and it is going to be a broadcast from the first presidency of the church directed for the saints in Cabo Verde. WHAT!!!! Yeah I am a little excited.

Okay so I love everyone so much and know that I am doing well and I am happy here and me and my companion are having a great time! Until next week-

LOVE,
Sister Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment